VOLUNTEER RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
READ THIS CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
I hereby execute this Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) as of today in favor of Students 2 Science, Inc., a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of New Jersey, its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“S2S”).
I choose to participate as a Teacher, or a Volunteer, or as a Guest, and will engage in the activities related to being a Teacher, Volunteer or Guest for various S2S activities and projects, without compensation and without any expectation of compensation, insurance coverage, future employment or other benefit. I understand that the activities may include but are not limited to, traveling to and from various activity locations, instructing students, conducting scientific experiments, performing various types of manual labor and administrative duties, and other work as necessary and agreed to by the Teacher, Volunteer or Guest and S2S (the “Activities”).
I hereby assert that I have not been convicted of a criminal offense, charged with child neglect or abuse, or have had my driver’s license suspended or revoked. I also hereby assert that I have not used illegal drugs.
I hereby assert that there are no other facts or circumstances in my background that would call into question my being entrusted with supervision, guidance and care of young people.
In consideration of being permitted to participate as a volunteer in the Activities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby knowingly, intentionally, purposively, freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the terms below:
1. Waiver and Release. I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby forever release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, defend, exonerate, and covenant not to sue S2S or Net Property Group (the landlord and/or owner of 66 Deforest Avenue, East Hanover, NJ 07936), from, against, or with respect to any and all liability, claims, or demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, known or unknown, whether at law, in equity, or otherwise, which arise or may hereafter arise directly or indirectly from the Activities or my participation as a volunteer.
I specifically understand and agree that this Release forever discharges S2S from any and all liability or claims that I may have against S2S, with respect to any bodily injury, personal illness, death, or property damage or loss that may result, directly or indirectly, from the Activities, whether caused by the negligence of S2S or otherwise, and in all cases to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
2. Medical Treatment. I hereby authorize S2S to render or authorize emergency medical services or first-aid treatment to me and hereby release and forever discharge S2S from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency or otherwise during or related to the time when I am serving as a volunteer or participating in the Activities.
3. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that the Activities may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, working with scientific experiments, loading and unloading of materials, and local transportation to and from activity sites. I recognize and understand that my volunteer work with S2S may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities and I hereby expressly assume the risk of such activities.
4. Insurance. I understand that S2S does not carry or maintain, and expressly disclaims responsibility for providing any health, medical, or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
5. Photographic Release. I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby grant and convey to S2S all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by S2S or local and national media during my volunteer work for S2S, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey and the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the terms of this Release, and to express my understanding and agreement I hereby sign this Release, effective as of the date first set forth above.